- Don't use blogger. I would probably switch to something like wordpress where everyone can comment on other people's comments.
- I would plan all my weekly posts before the semester begins so I would be able to guarantee a post per week even during times when I have conferences and holidays. That being said, I will give everyone another freebie since I've been a slacker the past two weeks. This means in order to get your full credit, you need to have commented 5 times. Some of you are already there and I greatly appreciate that.
Some things I have enjoyed about the blog:
- Hearing from students who don't speak up a lot in class. I know some of you are uncomfortable doing this, and the blog has given me a chance to hear your voices.
- Your perspectives shared on this blog outside of the classroom have really influenced my approach to teaching. I have learned a lot from y'all that makes me better at teaching.
1. What do you think about the blog? Is it something I should try next semester?
2. What improvements do you think could be made to the blog if I continue it next semester? Should the topics remain on issues that specifically concern you as college students or should I use it more for class stuff? Or both?
3. Do class assignments/projects like these really help transcend the boundaries of the classroom or are they just one more thing to do? Or somewhere in between?